October 25, 2016
Some people feel they are not creative, but in fact everyone is. You just need the knowledge, the mindset and the information to unlock your potential. Why? Because your future success depends on your ability to be creative and solve problems.
Simply Brilliant strips away the mystery of the creative process and offers you tools to solve problems in new ways. Filled with stories from some of the world’s most innovative companies and entrepreneurs, as well as highlights from the latest creativity research, the book helps you:
- Stop wondering if you’re creative or not – you are!
- Adopt a growth mindset that pushes past mental blocks
- Create a stimulating workplace culture and environment
- Instill a sense of mission into teams
- Correctly identify your customers’ pain points
- Analyze and define actual problems
- Run brief, focused brainstorming sessions
- Generate ideas with proven tools like SCAMPER, IdeaGen, the Phoenix List, Blue Ocean Strategy, Tempero, and Observation Lab
- Use iteration to improve on existing products or services
- Gather information by paying attention to your surroundings
- Focus your efforts on the largest target segments
- Gain confidence in your ability to innovate
Whether you’re leading a company, team, or kicking around ideas for a startup, everyone has the creative capacity to discover unmet customer needs, combine existing products in unexpected ways, and bring new products to market that are useful, desirable, and simply brilliant.
Bernhard Schroeder is director at the prestigious Lavin Entrepreneurship Center at San Diego State University, where he also teaches entrepreneurship and creativity courses. Previously a senior partner at the global CKS Partners, he delivered marketing and brand expertise for Amazon, Yahoo, Apple, Nike, and other major companies and startups. The author of Fail Fast or Win Big, he mentors more than 20 startup founders in Austin, Texas, San Francisco, and San Diego.