September 26, 2011
Knowing the tools of social media is a must for successful marketing these days, but the real promise of social media is the way it can teach us a whole new way of doing business. Humanize takes the principles underlying social media’s growth and applies them to the way we lead and manage our organizations. Leading organizational consultants Jamie Notter and Maddie Grant help you change your organization, from the culture down to individual behavior, in ways that make it more human – and more effective. Drawing on their extensive experience, Notter and Grant help you make management innovation real and doable. Regardless of your title or position, this book can help you:
- Build a more trustworthy, open, generative, and courageous organization by embracing social and human principles.
- Change organizations from the inside out.
- Address critical elements of organizational behavior, process, and culture.
- Move beyond the social media buzz words like transparent, decentralized, and open – and actually make them happen.
- Promote forms of “generative” success that go beyond profit and loss.
- Learn how to get started – you, personally, today, right now!
Jamie Notter is a vice president at Management Solutions Plus, where he leads the consulting division. Jamie brings twenty years of experience in conflict resolution, diversity, leadership, and management to his practice, including seven years running his own consulting firm.
As the chief social media strategist for SocialFish, Maddie Grant draws for more than 10 years of experience in marketing, communications, and international business operations to help associations large and small build capacity for using social media to achieve business results. Maddie is also the lead editor for SocialFishing, one of the most visited and respected blogs for the association/nonprofit industry.