January 14, 2010
There are some things that are simply given about video games…
- Games are played by teenage boys – 40% of all US video game players are women
- Video games tend to be violent and it’s the violence that makes them popular – Of the 20 bestselling console games of all time, only 1 involves any real-world violence at all
- Playing games encourages anti–social behavior – The World of Warcraft‘s interactive online community boasts a still-rising total of over 12 million subscribers
Then there are the elements of games we’re less familiar with…
- The South Korean government will invest $200 billion into its video games industry over the next 4 years
- Games are used to train the US & UK Military, and they are also used to model global pandemics
- Over 350 million people play video games worldwide
Whether you like video games or loathe them they’re part of your life.
Welcome to FUN INC.