September 29, 2012
Games are playing a crucial role in many successful businesses – not just in PR and marketing, but as a model for designing business systems and workflows. In this book Michael Hugos provides compelling case studies that demonstrate how game mechanics enable companies to respond quickly to challenges in today’s real-time economy.
It’s not about giving workers a smiley face for producing more widgets. You’ll discover how game mechanics – particularly popular multiplayer video games – provide field-tested best practices for engaging workers in creative and complex activities. With games, your company can shift from an outmoded top-down the hierarchy to an agile network structure that promotes coordination over control.
- Discover why industrial age business structures from the 20th century no longer work
- Design real-time business collaboration systems, using massively multiplayer online game concepts
- Make your in-house systems more agile with technologies such as social media, mobile devices, and cloud computing
- Understand game dynamics: goals, rules, real-time feedback, and voluntary participation
- Apply virtual worlds and 3-D animation to business intelligence and data analytics applications
Michael Hugos is an author, speaker, award-winning CIO, and principal at the Center for Systems Innovation. He works with clients to find elegant solutions to complex problems with a focus on supply chains, business analytics, and new business ventures. Michael is the author of several books, including Essentials of Supply Chain Management.